Project Space is a non-profit organization dedicated to publication as an artistic medium. Operating in various capacities since 2006, our main projects include the Vancouver Art/Book Fair, our Monthly Open Studio event series and Project Space Press.
Project Space serves to support, connect and make visible artists, publishers, collectives and artist-run centres—particularly those located in British Columbia—that are active in art publishing. By facilitating dialogue and exchange, we aim to foster an active and vibrant community around publication, while also connecting local practitioners and audiences to a global community. Learn more about our organization’s history.
Why Become a Member?
Project Space Members are part of an engaged community that is passionate about art publishing. In addition to the Member Benefits they receive, Members contribute to the sustainability and growth of Project Space and all of its projects. Your cash donation not only supports our projects and operations, but also demonstrates your commitment to developing BC’s art publishing communities.
$10 Student / $20 Friend
- Entrance to the Members Preview of the Vancouver Art/Book Fair on Friday, October 16, 2015 and $10 entry for one guest
- Project Space cinch bag with artwork by Kar Harvey*
- Membership card with artwork by Kar Harvey, printed by Brick Press
- 10% discount on Project Space Press publications
- 10% discount at The Paper Hound, 344 W Pender St.
- 10% discount at Lucky’s Comics, 3972 Main St.
- Special discounts and email invitations for exclusive monthly events, open studio hours, book sales and more
* Student Memberships receive a Project Space tote bag with artwork by Tylor McMillan
$40 Friend with Benefits
All of the above +
- a full set of Vancouver Art/Book Fair limited edition prints, including VA/BF 2015 by Vancouver artist Kar Harvey, VA/BF 2014 by Ryan Thompson of Anteism and the OuterSpace Mobile Gallery (Victoria) and VA/BF 2013 by Jp King of Paper Pusher (Toronto)
- Entrance to the Members Preview of the Vancouver Art/Book Fair on Friday, October 16, 2015 and free entry for one guest
- 15% discount on Project Space Press publications
All of the above +
- Copies of all 2015/16 publications by Project Space Press, including Paranormal Activity (Disambiguation) (Project Space Press and Zine Club, forthcoming October 2015)
- Entrance to the Members Preview of the Vancouver Art/Book Fair on Friday, October 16, 2015 and free entry for four guests
- 20% discount on Project Space Press publications
Member benefits can be picked up at Project Space’s studio at SWARM on September 11, 2015; at the VA/BF Social at The Lido (518 E Broadway) on October 15, 2015; at the Membership Drive Launch Party at Untitled Gallery (436 Columbia St.) on September 26, 2015; at the VA/BF Members Preview at the Vancouver Art Gallery (750 Hornby St.) on October 16, 2015; or at the Vancouver Art/Book Fair at the Vancouver Art Gallery on October 17 and 18, 2015.