Project Space is hiring Spring interns/co-op students!
Project Space’s interns and co-op students are responsible for—
• Running Project Space during shop hours
• Assisting with management of the bookshoop, events and projects (including the Vancouver Art/Book Fair 2013)
• Helping to maintain the space
• Projects, research or initiatives assigned based on the individual’s skill set and interest
The ideal candidate would be—
• passionate about art books and contemporary art, graphic design and/or literature
• reliable, highly organized, resourceful, self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to work independently
• experienced in working with the public and comfortable making conversation with customers/visitors to the space
• excellent at collaboration, cheerful and outgoing, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new things
• skilled at using Word, Excel, Google Docs and WordPress, and possibly database software, and is comfortable with learning new software
• non-profit, event coordination or retail experience would also be an asset
• skills such as writing, editing, photography, videography, graphic design, industrial design, web development or grant writing would also be assets
DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:00pm (however, the available positions will be filled as soon as possible)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
Please indicate the skills you will bring to this internship, why you are interested in working with Project Space and what you are hoping to learn/get out of the experience. If applicable, you may include a link or PDF portfolio.
NOTE: Project Space is a 100% volunteer-run project. As such, this is an unpaid internship; however, the intern will be given the opportunity to produce an exhibition and/or publication, and will receive a discount on books, as well as mentoring and resources from Project Space’s Directors and network.
MORE INFO ABOUT PROJECT SPACE:
Project Space is a bookshop, publisher and project space in Vancouver’s Chinatown, and host of the Vancouver Art/Book Fair.
In addition to offering a selection of local and international art, design and literary books, magazines and zines, Project Space produces curatorial and publishing projects that explore various aspects of publication.
We are located at 222 E Georgia St (at Main), next to Access Gallery and across the street from 221A Artist Run Centre.
>> Photo by Erin Jane Nelson, from Summer School, a project by her and Ming Lin at Project Space in summer 2012